Upcoming Events

★ View All ★

Calendar of Events

September  2017
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
   
  1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
  • City Hall
    • 405.258.3200
  • Chandler Chamber of Commerce
    • 405.258.0673
  • Police Department
    • 405.258.1460
  • Fire Department
    • 405.258.3208
  • Code Enforcement
    • 405.258.3213
  • Lincoln County Sheriff
    • 405.258.1191

History


Chandler Fire Department 1910 The Fire Department in the City of Chandler was established in 1899. It was divided into two horse companies with a total of twenty-two members. Chandler received its first fire wagon in 1907. The two horse team consisted of two dapple grey horses named Sis and Allen. In the early 1930’s CHFD received its first motorized fire engine. In the 1950’s the first fulltime firefighter was put on and by the early seventies there were three fulltime and twenty volunteer firefighters. In 1969 there was a fire that started in the old courthouse on the third floor and the firefighters at the time had no way to put the fire out. After the fire it was decided that Chandler needed a ladder truck and in 1970 CHFD received its first ladder truck which was in service until 1995, where it was replaced by a 1976 seventy-five foot ladder with a 750 GPM water pump.


Historical Photographs 4


Historical Photograph 6 Historical Photograph 5
October 1973: (Front Row Left to Right) Russell Howser-Chief, Joe Hoover- Captain, Dave Hoover- Asst. Chief, Don Crowder, Ray Thronesberry Jr., Alan Conway, Floyd Gray.
(Back Row Left to Right) Dennis Beaty, Richard Key, Robert Mascho, Fred Lee, Ray Thronesberry Sr., Mike Clarkson, Bill Taylor, Robert Hicks.